Nov 30, 2011

My Story

                                 Do you ever feel like breaking down?
                                 Do you ever feel out of place?
                                 Like somehow you just don't belong
                                 And no one understands you

                                 Do you ever want to runaway?
                                 Do you lock yourself in your room?
                                 With the radio on turned up so loud
                                 That no one hears you screaming

                                 Do you wanna be somebody else?
                                 Are you sick of feeling so left out?
                                 Are you desperate to find something more before your life is over?
                                 Are you stuck inside a world you hate?
                                 Are you sick of everyone around?

                                                                                Lyrics from "Welcome to my life" by Simple Plan

Well, I don't want to sound depressing but the answer is yes.  I couldn’t find better words to describe what I’m going through.  Some would call it a “Mid-life crisis”, which sounds a little cliche  to me,  but it's probably an accurate name since these things tend to happen  at that stage in life.

Anyway, I just turned 35 and what I know is that there’s a point when you start wondering  if you have made the right decisions, if you are what you dreamed of being personally and professionally, if you’re satisfied with what you have become and have accomplished, and the most important… Am I really happy?

A few years ago I started to realize that things weren’t going the way I planned and all those questions started coming to my mind; of course the answers weren't exactly what I expected. Time passed and I was feeling disappointed, frustrated and lost and by the end of 2010 I just couldn't take it anymore. I decided to quit my job,  get on a plane, escape from everything and everyone and embark on a journey that I thought would help  me find myself, but I ended up with more question than answers.

This is my story and this blog will reflect that. Expectations, dreams, fears,  happiness, love and the small things in life (and sometimes whatever comes to my mind or feel like talking about) would be a part of it.  I don't even know if anyone is going to read this but to those that eventually do: Welcome to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment